Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fabric Galore!

I'm starting my new job tomorrow after a hiatus of 3 months. I'm already missing full crafting days with the sun streaming in and Mr Mu by my side and afternoon TV. But I at least I'll have something to fund my craft projects with!

So I decided that while I have the time I should re-stock on my supplies and I went to Amitie in Bentleigh to get more fabric yesterday. OK, I should have known that just 'going to get fabric' without a clear and proper plan on what projects I have in mind was probably a tad foolish. And boy did I know that as soon as I stepped into the store. There was sooooo much awesome fabric I was just like a deer in headlights! I wanted to buy half the shop...cloth for one project, coordinating fabric, more for another project...now hang on...which project was I doing with with again? Pink or green?? Does this match with this? And what matches with that?? Which project? You get the point.

So it was not surprising that I was stuck there for almost an hour and a half!!! But anyway I did manage to make up my mind in the end.


 Day 1


 And then, today I decided that I should go and get some of that fantastic oilcloth they had in the window that I was um-ing and ah-ing about, so I made ANOTHER trip today and bought a bit more but only a bit.  I absolutely love the cherry blossom one. I can't walk past anything with cherry blossoms on them.

 
Day 2
I ended up making a simple lunch bag with the oilcloth...the lining is also oilcloth which makes spills easier to clean up. Think I might make a pencil case another project that has become a victim of my procrastination or another bag with the other black oilcloth that I bought that's not in the picture. I love the romantic design on the fabric.

So I'm all ready to start my new job tomorrow!! With lunch in my new lunch bag! Now I just need the pencil case to complete the package...

*sigh* it sure feels good to satisfy an addiction.

3 comments:

mixtapezine said...

Hey Cindy

Justine here from mixtapezine.
Please email me at mixtapezine@gmail.com and let me know your postal address for the madeit zine give away!

http://mixtapezineblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/madeit-this-weeks-giveaway.html

Justine Telfer
Editor/Publisher

CurlyPops said...

What a fabulous selection of fabrics.... drooling much!

ambette said...

Welcome back to the real world!