Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Sewing Space and Companion

Two posts in a day! Either I'm in a VERY motivated mood or I've been procrastinating and having multiple posts to put up all at once. Sadly, this time Miss Procrastination has taken the cake.




Anyhow, this is my creative space where I spend many a crafty hour. And in the background in the green boxes is my VERY systematic way of storing fabric and bit and bobs. Mind you, most of the time this storage solution includes the surrounding floor as well (this is a particularly neat day because we had people over the day before!).






And this is the trusty Singer that I do all my sewing on!! It's on loan to me from my friend Liz and it's her grandmother's! These babies sure last a long time and are really reliable. They just don't make them like they used to that's for sure (especially flat-screen TVs...but that's another story for another day). Anyway, I've got Mr Singer all figured out now and he's quickly becoming a very good friend!



Speaking of friends....here's my bestest friend and sewing companion. Here he is at his spot next to the sewing machine keeping me company while sun-baking/napping. I think he's awesome.

2 comments:

ambette said...

Hey, your new place looks awesome! I wish my sewing space had that much natural light and a window I could look out of! Although a window might prove to be a bit of a distraction if I had one(I have a habit of gazing out of them and losing track of time).

Haha, Bruno looks so comfortable. Man, I wish I was a dog sometimes - what a life!

JadeMomma said...

I know. That's what he does all day. Snooze and follow the sun (and my lunch)! If only it was so easy to put me on a diet though!