Friday, September 4, 2009

Other Stuff that I've made

Here's more stuff that I've made recently...I told you I've been sewing diligently!

Wristlet Clutch
Pyramid Purse pattern courtesy of Nicole Mallalieu

Baguette by Nicole Mallalieu

This was a pretty challenging endeavour! It was classed as an 'Advanced' pattern and I can see why. I was initially slightly nervous about starting this but I stuck to it and I'm REALLY proud of myself for finishing it! *pat on back...and another* OK, if you look really really closely, there are some bits that are a bit wonky but I love it anyway... It's been my little handbag that follows me to the shops. I'm just going to have to keep practising and I'm sure the next ones will be better.

Ok, the next 2 bags I'm IMMENSELY proud of. I made them from patterns that I drafted all by myself! The first one is the kind of bag that I carry all the time. It's got a pink denim base (so cute) and is interfaced with medium/heavy interfacing and light fusible wadding. I used Vilene S520 for the base for a bit of structure. And it's got magnetic snaps and adjustable straps. So it can be carried as a tote/satchel or as an over the shoulder sling bag (very handy if your hands are full).


It also has an antique brass tri-glide and oblong rings.


And a zippered pocket and a mobile phone pocket (I'm still hanging out for an iPhone)


I just like this picture...so I thought I'd include it


Clutch Bag
Can I just say (again) that I'm REALLY happy with myself for drafting and making this clutch? It's got darts! Darts!! At this point, all you clever sewing people out there are going 'Uh-huh...' But these are the first darts I've ever sewn...EVER. *yippee yay yay* Even though I love the shape and size of this clutch, I think next time I'll try making it slightly larger from top to bottom.

So I guess, now I have to come up with names for my bags!


1 comment:

ambette said...

Good job! It's quite exciting doing your own pattern and seeing the end result when it actually works!

I particularly like the first one with the pink stripy lining - it's really cute!

It's funny that you did that clutch - it's actually really similar to one that I've had on the backburner for a while.